26 October 2010

Welcome

Welcome to the Library Graphic Design blog. I'm Scot Sterling, graphic designer for the Alachua County Library District in Gainesville, Florida. I began this personal blog in order to have a place to share project images of my work and information about them with family and friends, but I also extend this invitation to others who have an interest in graphic design—especially if related to libraries. So feel welcome to comment, ask questions, and share your experiences as well.


Aside from simply showing examples of marketing communication projects I design for the library, I hope to broaden the scope of this blog to include providing other information as it comes to me as well, such as offering discussions on the following topics:
  • Creative resources for visual communicators, such as companies and websites that offer clip art or public domain images free for use by the public;
  • Website links related to educational opportunities for those who design promotional marketing vehicles for libraries;
  • Insight into equipment and tools I regularly use to produce my design work and methods used during the process;
  • Sources I derive inspiration from to generate design concepts;
  • Rants and Raves on library design and branding issues;
  • Recently found notable design items from other libraries;
  • Uncovering the mysteries of what being a communications union employee is like (or not, depending on if I decide to embark on such a venture);
  • Interesting tid-bits of news, discussions, happenings, and possibly even fabricated imaginings that may be more on the periphery of the design conversation, but that may still have a place here for anyone who works in a library environment.
I hope you'll enjoy the blog, and if so, please feel welcome to add your comments, insights, and stories about print marketing communications for libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment