14 December 2010

Going Green at the Library

Looking back at the Autumn issue cover of the library newsletter, I'm reminded of a 20x30in. poster I created last month. The library wanted to promote its new Go Green! service option of sending account notices and statements out via email rather than by traditional mail. 


So I went sourcing for green, nature images and used one of a tree canopy as a background frame. I actually started out with a nice, overhead shot of grass, but then I got to thinking that showing trees rather than grass might make more sense (we might be more inclined to think about saving trees more than grass as part of our environmentally conscious efforts, although I'm sure there must be some applicable grass strategies too).


The photo frame image surrounded a clean, white interior background on which green text describing the service was inset. Where the service is located online, two small icons were used: a mail button and a check mark, so I had the web designer send me the originating files for those to use on my my poster design. To help break up the text for those of us who like to skim for key words, I set those in bold to help catch more eyes.


The resulting poster was printed out via our large format Hewlett Packard DesignJet 800 and was then placed into a free-standing wooden pedestal display that had a glass top and a hinged wooden frame to encase posters. It was then displayed near the check out counter at the lobby exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment