10 December 2010

Good Grades Get A Movie

For students who got a "C" or higher, they were invited to celebrate with popcorn and a drink at the library's Saturday Matinee Report Card Celebration


The library hosting the event asked for an 8.5x11in sign to promote it, so I went on the hunt for theatre experience motifs: film reels, movie projectors, stage curtains, popcorn and candies. I didn't find anything I liked through my public domain search, but I did like a particular image of a popcorn container that I used as reference to re-draw using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. 


Once satisfied with the artwork, I arranged all the essential text around it. I particularly liked adding the "A, B, C" on the side to reinforce the grades required to get said container of popcorn. I also liked the little "bow tie" strip at the bottom that contained the library logo. 


Because the art ended up being such a strong vertical, I needed a little more height to fit all the required text onto the sign, so I turned the 8.5x11in sign into an 8.5x14". 

No comments:

Post a Comment