14 January 2011

Teen Pizza Taste-Off Social

Oh you lucky teens! Youth Services at the Headquarters branch held a Pizza Taste-Off Social event January 12 for teens. There, they received information about all the great events that take place by and for teens at various branches throughout the district, how to become a volunteer at the library, and of course, PIZZA!


In the end, nine local pizzerias vied for top honours to win the distinction of being named "Teen Favourite". (It should be noted that only cheese pizza slices were used in this competition)


On my part, I produced the promotional materials that included the following:


Four 8.5x11in. signs 
(shown top right)
32 pages of quarter-page handbills 
(shown bottom right)
One 20x30in. "Thank You Sponsors" poster


Each promotional item featured a big, close-up image of a single slice of cheese pizza. Man, every time I saw that piece, I got hungry, so I hope that did the same for everyone else who saw it.


The day after the event, a thank you email by the librarian in charge revealed that 26 teens had come (and come hungry, indeed!). A winning pizzeria was selected by the end of the event. The results are posted here: http://www.aclib.us/teens/blog/gainesville-teens-favorite-pizza

Another email revealed there was left-over pizza in the staff refrigerator, so I went to "inspect it" for myself and found one last remaining slice. Maybe it was the last slice because it was the worst of the picks, but it was still good enough for my breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! The promotional material looks good enough to eat. Your library is doing great things to get the teens involved. I think I'll mention this idea to our library here in Illinois. We need more teens and a pizza promotion would do it!

    ReplyDelete