16 May 2011

Author Event: Vanessa Davis

The 45x45 inch display poster.
Comics illustrator Vanessa Davis will be coming to the Headquarters library to speak about her work and give a workshop on comics illustration. To promote her event, I used images from her website portfolio, as well as a border from enlarging a texture background, to create and print/trim 200 quarter page handbills (shown below) and one large 45x45 inch display poster (above). 


Before I even had the chance to get it out of the design department to hang on the wall, someone asked if they could have the poster after the event. I said I always give first dibs to the featured author since it is their event, but if not wanted, it would be fair game for the taking.
An 8.5x11 inch page contained four quarter-page handbills for printing/trimming to size.

4 comments:

  1. This is so great! What a terrific poster! I'm really looking forward to this event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My coworker and I have decided we need to scroll back through all your stuff and find programs we think we might duplicate in some very small way here in our library. Of course, neither of us are smart enough to do wonderful graphics like you do. But maybe through Publisher we can come up with something worthwhile. Great work, guy! Keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bookworm, I hope in my small way I can help provide inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vanessa, I'm glad you approve! Thank you for letting us use your images for promoting you. I wish you a great turn-out for the event!

    ReplyDelete