|Exterior side of the booklist brochure.|
On a first design concept I presented, I used images of dinosaurs, but the librarian then asked for images relating more to fossils, so I re-sourced online for dinosaur bones and fossils and located a few offered for public domain use. I reworked the images to take out the backgrounds so they would stand alone as silhouettes, allowing text to wrap around the images.
I also sourced online for free fonts that looked like bones and found a few to try out. For the cover headline, I used a bones font for the word "Fossil." For the word "Dinosaur" I set a horror type face to outline, then imported the texture of a dinosaur skin into it. Inside the brochure, I colour-coded the book names to differentiate between the fossils (brown fonts) and the dinosaurs (green fonts). The result provided a simple and clean design that was visually appealing and easy to read for people of all ages.
500 copies were printed out-of-house on a basic 70lb white paper stock and distributed among the libraries within the district.
|Interior side of booklist brochure.|