19 March 2012

Marketing Designs for Author Kevin Moffett Library Event

45x45 inch large format display poster
In March, the Headquarters Library will host author Kevin Moffitt. Despite receiving a prolific amount of accompanying review text, I felt it was important to include as much of it as possible on the promotional material in order to educate about who Moffett was and what his book might be about in order to generate public interest in the event. Believe it or not, I cut even more than what finally made it onto the collaterals.


Trimming and piecing together two print-outs to
make one 45x45 inch poster.
For the 45x45 inch large format poster, I had to print it out in two sections, then trim out one section and strip it to the other section. To do this, I cut along a straight area along the top of the author's photo to help conceal the cut, then continued my cut line along a round graphic element to also aid in concealing the cut. After cutting was completed, I placed the trimmed section over the other background printed section and double stick taped them together.
Likewise, on the quarter page handbills, I placed the circular dot into my trim area so that when I cut the 8.5x11 inch pages down into quarter pages, a portion of the red dot I didn't want would be trimmed off with the unwanted portion of the edge.


Marketing collaterals included:
1x 45x45 inch large format display poster
1x 8.5x14 inch author bio page
200x Quarter page handbills
1x Newspaper print ad

Left: 8x14 inch sign. Middle: Print ad. Right:quarter page handbills, 4-up to an 8.5x11 inch page.


No comments:

Post a Comment